Sustainable systems to prevent flooding
We understand how different drainage elements interact to safely use, store, release or remove rainwater. We consider the implications new structures, roads and car parks have on rainwater run-off and identify how to avoid short-term flooding and longer-term oversaturation of the ground which can compromise foundations, access to properties or road safety.
The focus on more environmentally conscious solutions has increased the importance of Sustainable drainage systems (SuDS) in our work. By using different techniques to capture and reuse water or simply slow the water flow, we can reduce pressure on sewers and drains and add attractive landscaping features in the process. We frequently use rain gardens, SuDS ponds and permeable paving in designs.
When approaching the design of any drainage system we:
- engage with Scottish Water with pre-development enquiries and applications for approval
- consult SEPA to ensure that all projects comply with environmental and pollution regulations
- apply our expertise to ensure that systems meet the requirements of the specific location
- design solutions that have the capacity to cope with extreme weather events
- ensure long-term maintenance is as straightforward as possible
- provide a comprehensive maintenance schedule on project handover.
Sector focused and emphasis on quality of service delivery.